Landscape & The Outdoors
The Research Box is an established expert in the field of cultural ecosystem services (CES). Our ground-breaking work, for clients such as Natural England, has facilitated a deep understanding of people's interactions with the landscapes that are important to them. Our research techniques uncover the views of the public in a way that helps you to develop policy and implement plans that have the public's understanding and backing
Our studies include:
- cultural-value mapping, using smartphone apps and online participatory GIS tools
- participatory workshops to determine public reactions to landscape change, such as rewilding and reforestation projects, new housing and business developments, and coastal realignment
- visitor demand forecasting for outdoors sites, including testing requirements for car parking or catering
- understanding visitors' requirements for educational interpretation in the outdoors
- working with landscape partnerships
- business plans for HLF bids
Our team has advised at a strategic level with a strong body of work for Natural England and The National Trust but also more locally for Wildlife Trusts, for example
How do people gain inspiration, relaxation and wellbeing from the landscape and what is driving this?
This is the best money we've ever spent on a consultancy study.
Thank-you for an ace presentation following the great work you and your team have done. It has been really useful and will continue to inform the decisions we take on the project